Free Audio and Video
Sermons dealing with bitterness. These and many more RU sermons are posted at sermonaudio.com/reformu.
- Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Dealing With Bitterness 1 (Characteristics)
- Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Dealing With Bitterness 2 (Cause)
- Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Dealing With Bitterness 3 (Consequences)
- Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Dealing With Bitterness 4 (Cure)
Books and Media
Books, CD’s and DVD’s produced by Reformers Unanimous International.
- A Place of No Grace (Book) by Dr. Paul Kingsbury. This insightful book gives an in-depth analysis of bitterness: the causes, the effects, and the treatment of this catastrophic condition. This book makes an excellent gift for: RU students, church members, and family. Also see A Place of No Grace (DVD) by Dr. Paul Kingsbury
- Forgetting Those Things Which Are Behind (CD) by Dr. Paul Kingsbury. In many years of working with addicts, Pastor Kingsbury has discovered a common thread amongst those who continually relapse, and those who make it. The simple answer is forgiveness. Those who can forgive can move forward, but those who hold on to hurts will continually be stuck in the past. Pastor Kingsbury uses the Word of God to show us how to forgive and forget. Give this CD to those with bitterness and unforgiveness.
- Personal Recovery Kit. The Personal Recovery Kit is a revolutionary at home discipleship program developed from over a decade of experience working with tens of thousands of apathetic Christians through the Reformers Unanimous discipleship program. Renowned discipleship experts Dr. Paul Kingsbury, and Steven Curington have produced a program that uses a unique biblical approach to develop lifelong intimacy with Jesus Christ. If you are sick of your Christian experience not living up to its potential then discover the Personal Discovery Kit.
- Recovery Without Relapse. Most of us have heard that relapse is part of recovery. We at Reformers Unanimous have a different outlook when it comes to an individual’s recovery. We believe that there is a “Recovery Without Relapse.” In this book, RU Staff Physician Dr George T. Crabb, and RU International Director Benjamin Burks, set out on examining this type of recovery. They explain the foundation of this recovery along with the steps one must take in their life to achieve it. There is an exciting recovery ahead for all those who find themselves in bondage to an addictive behavior.
- Just Say Know. God’s Answer To Addiction. Whether you battle with drugs, nicotine, alcohol, pornography, gambling, or any other habitual sin, God’s answer is to just say know. You may learn all the facts about addiction that society could ever teach, but this fact remains true: it’s not what you know, it’s Who you know. Jesus said, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Jesus Christ can make you free. He can break through the doubts, despair, and depression of your life.This book will remind us who we are as children of God.
- Recovery Through God’s Truth. Do you feel empty and alone in your Christian walk, absent the joy that is promised to God’s people in his word? Has this frustration led you to feed appetites that you know are wrong but you struggle to overcome? If so, you are not alone. You are attempting to live freely in a bound world.
Blogs and Other Resources
Here are several lists of RU blog articles that deal with bitterness
- Articles for ‘bitter’ at The Recovery Blog
- related video: Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Displaying Mercy and Truth in Ministry
- related audio: Mike Smith – How to Deal With Foundational Satanic Lies
- related audio: Dr. Paul Kingsbury – Critical Spirit
Bible References on Bitterness
Sorted by relevance:
2 Timothy 4:5
2 Samuel 16:20
2 Corinthians 12:20