Reformers Unanimous is a Christ centered addictions program that directs the intemperate back to God’s support group the local church. The program touches thousands of lives each week through addictions classes in over 900 cities in the United States and several foreign countries. We are available to help your Church, community or loved one. We have a complete line of curriculum, men and women treatment facilities, and an institutional program to serve those who are incarcerated.
The Reformers Unanimous mission statement is “We Help Anybody”. Reformers Unanimous Ministries exists to help anybody worldwide who wishes to experience a life of victory over difficulty. This victory is obtained and retained not through an experience of ongoing effort, but through a once in a lifetime decision to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and a subsequent dedication to developing a dynamic love relationship with Him.
Our local chapter meets each Friday at 7:00 p.m. at the Southside Baptist Tabernacle of Ypsilanti, Michigan where stories of victory are shared, groups and individuals are personally counseled from God’s Word, and lessons are taught on overcoming temptation. Childcare allows RU to minister to the entire family.
Where Do I Begin?
- The Steve Curington Story – Steven Curington had what most people would say was the perfect upbringing. His family attended church nearly every Sunday and put him through a Christian School. However, within two years after graduation, He was addicted to cocaine and alcohol. Addiction stripped him of all self-esteem, a prosperous career, and crippled him with debt. Learn how he overcame this and went on to found Reformers Unanimous. Read More »
- The First Step To Freedom – If you want to be freed, you will have to go through the only Way that grants freedom . Learn what every individual must know before he or she can begin to overcome an addiction. Read More »
- The 10 Principles – Read the 10 Principles of Prosperity that RU is founded upon and the format of our Friday Night Recovery Meetings. Additionally each principle is free to watch in a short video format taught by Steve Curington available here.
Helps For Addicts
The Friday Night meeting and the other regularly scheduled church meetings throughout the week provide the basic structure for the RU student. In addition to meeting attendance there are several other methods of support for students at home and in their everyday life.
- The Personal Recovery Kit – The Personal Recovery Kit is a revolutionary at home recovery program developed from over a decade of experience working with hundreds of thousands of addicts through the Reformers Unanimous inpatient program. Renowned addiction experts Steve Curington, and Dr. George Crabb have produced a program that uses a unique spiritual approach to develop lifelong sobriety. If you have tried everything else, and are looking for something that “just works” then this program is for you. Website »
- The RU Recovery Blog – Update daily with articles from the RU founder and many key members of the RU staff the RU blog is filled with a wealth of knowledge and insight into addictions recovery for students and family. Website »
- RU Homes – For those who need to get away from it all. We believe true addiction treatment begins with discipleship. At the Schools of Discipleship, we house, train, develop, and disciple men and women to live the crucified Christian life. This life will grant all of mankind freedom from the penalty of sin, as well as provide them with the relationship with Christ necessary to enjoy their freedom from the power of sin. Website »
Additional RU Programs
- For Families and Loved Ones of Addicts – The average addiction touches the life of at least four people. That means that not only do addicts need help in their recovery but the family and friends who support them need support, encouragement and resources. Read More »
- For the Incarcerated – Reformers Unanimous Institutional Program exists to help believers in jails, prisons, and institutional treatment programs develop experiential freedom in the midst of confinement. We accomplish this by urging the believer toward personal intimacy with the one who cannot leave them or forsake them. Read More »
- For Community Leaders – Reformers Unanimous provides several alternatives for civil servants or legal professionals wanting effective options for offenders. In addition to the weekly outpatient program we offer the Reformers Unanimous Plus program and Residential Treatment program. Read More »
- The Personal Recovery Kit is a revolutionary at home recovery program developed from over a decade of experience working with hundreds of thousands of addicts through the Reformers Unanimous inpatient program. Renowned addiction experts Steve Curington, and Dr. George Crabb have produced a program that uses a unique spiritual approach to develop lifelong sobriety. If you have tried everything else, and are looking for something that “just works” then this program is for you.
- Schools of Discipleship – This program is offered at the Reformers Unanimous International Headquarters in Rockford, IL. The Reformers Unanimous Schools of Discipleship is a six to eight month intensive discipleship programs for men and women with addictions. They provide a reconstructive learning atmosphere where the addicted can be discipled in an environment that is much like a greenhouse. Read More »
Additional RU Resources
If you would like more information about RU that is not on this site, please visit the following RU sites:
- Southside Baptist Tabernacle
RU is a ministry of the Southside Baptist Tabernacle of Ypsilanti, Michigan
- RU International Home Page
The official site of Reformers Unanimous
- RU Recovery Blog
Large amount of free resources to help the RU student in their effort to have a Victorious Life
- Steve Curington Ministries
Newsletter, sermons and more by Steve Curington, RU President and Founder